Global CO2 emissions per region from fossil-fuel use and cement production
Infographic | 31-10-2013
The six largest emitting countries/regions (with their share in 2012 between brackets) were: China (29%), the United States (15%), the European Union (EU271) (11%), India (6%), the Russian Federation (5%) and Japan (4%).
- JRC/PBL European Commission, Joint Research Centre (JRC) and PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency (2011). Emission Database for Global Atmospheric Research (EDGAR), release version 4.2 of 11 November 2011 and v 4.2 FT 2010.
- BP (2010-2013). BP Statistical Review of World Energy, June 2010-June 2013.
- NBSC (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013). Statistical Communiqué of the People’s Republic of China on the 2011 National Economic and Social Development. National Bureau of Statistics of China, 22 February 2012; and previous editions.
- USGS (US Geological Survey) ( 2011, 2012, 2013). Cement Statistics and Information, and other commodities.
- WSA (2012, 2013). Crude steel production statistics. World Steel Association.
- NOAA (2012). Global Gas Flaring Estimates through 2011. Personal communication.