Dr. Elke Stehfest is a senior scientist at PBL. She has worked on a wide range of land-related topics in global integrated assessment, like crop modeling, land-use dynamics, emissions from land use and land-use change, land-based mitigation options, biofuels, dietary changes, and long-term scenarios of agriculture. She coordinates the development and application of IMAGE's Land model, also with external partners (WUR, VU, PIK). Furthermore, she has contributed to International Assessments like the OECD’s Environmental Outlooks, and UNCCD's Global Land Outlook.
Highly cited researcher 2019.
For a list of publications see CV and google scholar account.
- PhD, Environmental Systems Analysis, University of Kassel
- Diploma, Biology, University of Heidelberg
- PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, scientist, 2006 - present
- CESR, University of Kassel, PhD student and research assistant, 2002-2006
- ifeu - Institut für Energie- und Umweltforschung, Heidelberg, research assistant, 2001-2002