Eight fact sheets describing risk assessment methods used at the Centre of Substances and Risk assessment (CSR) of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) are presented here with the main aim of promoting greater transparency in the risk assessment methods used at the Institute in general and within the Centre in particular.
The fact sheets, listed below, reflect a state-of-the-art approach; they are also meant to function as a platform for discussion.
- Methemoglobine/Heinz bodies
- cetylcholinesterase inhibitors
- Assessment factors for human health risk assessment
- Delayed Neurotoxicity/NTE inhibition
- Residues of plant protection products on food ingested by birds and mammals
- Degradation of veterinary drugs in manure
- Guideline for evaluating studies to determine excretion of veterinary drugs.
The first five fact sheets are related to human risk assessment and the last three to environmental issues. Remarks, omissions or additional information sent to the editors (first name) will be appreciated.