Dr. Elke Stehfest is a scientist at PBL since 2006. She has worked on a wide range of land-related topics in global integrated assessment, like crop modeling, land-use dynamics, emissions from land use and land-use change, land-based mitigation options, biofuels, dietary changes, and long-term scenarios of agriculture. She coordinates the development of the land and climate part of PBL’s integrated assessment model IMAGE, also with external partners (WUR, VU, PIK). Furthermore, she has contributed to a series of PBL’s international assessments, e.g. the OECD’s environmental outlooks 2008 and 2012, “Rethinking Biodiversity strategies”, “The Protein Puzzle”, “Roads from Rio”. (For a list of publications see CV).
- PhD, Environmental Systems Analysis, University of Kassel
- Diploma, Biology, University of Heidelberg
- PBL (and formerly MNP), Bilthoven, scientist, 2006 - present
- CESR, University of Kassel, PhD student and research assistant, 2002-2006
- ifeu Institut für Energie- und Umweltforschung, Heidelberg, research assistant, 2001-2002