Harmen Sytze de Boer
Harmen Sytze is currently working on the ADVANCE project. The ADVANCE project aims to improve IAMs used for climate and energy policy assessments. The ADVANCE project is, among other institutions, carried out within the Climate, Air and Energy department of the PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. Within the ADVANCE project, Harmen Sytze will focus on WP5 (system integration, path dependencies, and resource constraints) and WP4 (technical change and uncertainty).
Harmen Sytze holds a master degree in Energy and Environmental Sciences obtained at the University of Groningen (2012) and a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering obtained at the Hanzehogeschool Groningen (2010). His master thesis research focused on the effects of applying different large scale energy storage systems in the Dutch electricity system.
- 2010-2012: Energy and Environmental Sciences, System studies on Energy and Environment, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- 2006-2010: Mechanical Engineering, International Power Generation and Distribution, Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- 2000-2006: VWO (pre-university education), Science and Technology, Fivelcollege Delfzijl
- 2013-now: PBL
- 2012-2012: DNV KEMA (intern)
- 2011-2012: Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (intern)
- 2009-2010: Waterschap Hunze en Aa's (intern)
- 2009-2009: Hanzehogeschool Groningen/ Enviu (intern)