I am a biologist by education, and am working at PBL as senior researcher on International Biodiversity Policies. I have worked on developing options for biodiversity conservation and sustainable ecosystem use, using the integrated IMAGE-GLOBIO global modelling framework. The last few years, most of my effort goes into evaluating Dutch international policies on the sustainability of supply-chains for wood and agro-commodities, and on options to integrate the values of natural capital into private and public decision making. Certification and standards for sustainable production have my special interest, as they form the core of a broadly accepted and much used infrastructure to connect supply and demand across borders.
- Master degree from Utrecht University / biology and environmental science
- PhD from Utrecht University / Functional analysis of European wetland ecosystems
- 1997 - 2006 RIVM - Systems and information analist for environmental modelling.
- 1996 - 1997 SAS corporation - ICT consultant
- 1991 - 1996 PhD Utrecht University Utrecht - Functional analysis van European wetland ecosystems
- Member of Dutch association of professionals in environmental science