The task of the PBL Advisory Board is to monitor both scientific quality and social relevance of the research conducted by PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. This includes organising periodic audits. Members of the Advisory Board are appointed for a term of three years, with a possibility of reappointment.
- Arthur Mol, Rector Magnificus and Vice-president of Wageningen University & Research (Chair)
- Colette Alma-Zeestraten, Director General at the Association of the Dutch Chemical Industry (VNCI)
- Hilde Blank, Director of BVR Advisors Spatial Planning
- Aart de Geus, Chairman Executive Board of the Goldschmeding Foundation and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Triodos Bank
- Mark van Twist, Dean of the Netherlands School of Public Administration and Professor of Public Administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam