The task of the PBL Advisory Board is to monitor both scientific quality and social relevance of the research conducted by PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. This includes organising periodic audits. Members of the Advisory Board are appointed for a term of three years, with a possibility of reappointment.
- Arthur Mol, Rector Magnificus and Vice-president of Wageningen University & Research (Chair)
- Ina Adema, Mayor of Lelystad
- Colette Alma-Zeestraten, Director General at the Association of the Dutch Chemical Industry (VNCI)
- Hilde Blank, Director of BVR Advisors Spatial Planning
- Aart de Geus, Chairman Executive Board of the Bertelsmann Stiftung and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Triodos Bank
- Marko Hekkert, Professor of Dynamics of Innovations Systems and Head of the Department of Innovation Studies at the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University
- Mark van Twist, Dean of the Netherlands School of Public Administration and Professor of Public Administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Hans van der Vlist, former Secretary-General at the former Dutch Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment, and TMG Top Consultant (Senior Civil Service (ABD)