A knowledge base for the energy transition of Dutch industry
From 1/1/2023, this page is no longer accessible via middenweb.eu. Middenweb.nl will remain active.
PBL and TNO have started the MIDDEN initiative, a network that is aimed at building a knowledge base for decarbonisation options and is shared and recognised by all stakeholders. We believe that up-to-date information may help decision-making and lead to new insights, to the benefit of Dutch industry and the economy as a whole.
MIDDEN gathers up-to-date information on Dutch industrial locations, processes, and products, along with a wide variety of decarbonisation options for those processes. Some of those options may be very uncertain and/or for the far future, as we aim to include deep emission reduction options for 2050 that are in line with the Paris Agreement. All our findings are verified with the industrial companies themselves, in order to ensure applicability, and location specifics are also taken into consideration.
The current partners on this fact finding mission are universities, branche organisations, public organisations and of course the companies themselves.
Universities/ Research institutes
- Utrecht University (Ernst Worrell)
- Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) (Andrea Ramirez Ramirez)
- Radboud University Nijmegen (Heleen de Coninck)
- Wageningen Food & Biobased Research (Juliën Voogt)
- VNO-NCW - Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers
- Energie-Nederland - Association of Dutch Energy Companies
- NOGEPA - Netherlands Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Association
- VNCI - Royal Association of the Dutch Chemical Industry
- VNMI - Dutch Metallurgical Industries Association
- VNP - Royal Dutch Association of Paper and Cardboard Industries
- VNPI - Dutch Petroleum Industry Association
- VEMW - Dutch Federation of Non-Domestic Energy and Water Consumers
- VNG - Association of Dutch glass manufacturers
- Nederlandse Brouwers - Dutch Brewers Association
- NVDE - Association of the Dutch Renewable Energy Sector
- FedEC - Federation of Energy Consultants
- FME - Federation of Dutch employers in the technology industry
- Netbeheer Nederland - Association of Energy Network Operators in the Netherlands
- MVO - The Netherlands Oils and Fats industry
- KNB - Royal Association for Building Ceramics
- RVO - Netherlands Enterprise Agency
- CBS - Statistics Netherlands
- NEa - Dutch Emissions Authority
- TKI E&I - Top consortium Knowledge and Innovation Energy and Industry
- TKI New Gas - Top consortium Knowledge and Innovation New Gas
- EZK - Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- I&W - Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management