I work as a senior researcher at department of Water, Agriculture and Food of PBL the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. I am particularly interested in patterns of institutional change and the role of (scientific) knowledge in public policy. I worked as an assistant professor at the departments of Geography, Planning & Environment and Public Administration at Radboud University Nijmegen, and as a visiting professor at the University of Alberta, Canada. I was trained as an economist (2006) and political scientist (2008), and did my PhD in the governance of climate change adaptation (2015 cum laude). Topics I study or have studied include institutional innovation and new policy instruments in environmental governance, most notably agricultural policy, nitrogen and nature policy, water policy, rural development, climate change adaptation, climate mitigation policy and geo-engineering.
- 2015 PhD Environmental Studies (Radboud University)
- 2008 MSc Political sciences of the environment (Radboud University)
- 2006 MSc Economics (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- PhD Candidate & Assistant professor, Geography, Planning and Environment, Radboud University
- Visiting professor, Earth and Athmospheric Sciences, University of Alberta
- Assistant professor, Public Administration, Radboud University
- Affiliated research, Institute for Management Research, Radboud University